Mr. Sunil Thawani
Sunil is a leading management professional with over 35 years of experience in TQM, business, excellence, corporate governance, strategy deployment, re-engineering, six-sigma, service excellence in diverse industries such as Government, Mfg., Services, Banking, Education, Social Housing, Healthcare etc.
He has a successful track record of transforming/ building organizations which are highly customer-focused, continually improving & differentiated in the market place for excellence.
Some of his leadership roles are:
- Addressed conferences locally, regionally & globally – UAE, Sweden, Mauritius, India, Indonesia,
- Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Nigeria, Slovenia, etc.
- International Consultant – Quality & Excellence, United Nations
- CEO of Quality Indeed Consulting.
- Member of the Board, Dubai Quality Group, 2019-2021.
- Member of the Board, American Society for Quality, 2016-2017. 1st from MENA.
- Recipient, ASQ Lancaster Medal, 2015, 1st in MENA in 30 years.
- Author, Business Excellence Awards – Strategies for Winning”
- Fellow, American Society for Quality (ASQ). 1st in GCC. (2009)
- Adjunct Professor, Shoolini University, India
- Jury member, Dubai Quality Award, Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award
- Invited by the United Nations to participate in international conferences on public services,
- innovation, governance, UN SDGs 2030
- Implemented ISO 9001/ 14001/ 10002/ 45001 management systems & attain certifications
- Reengineered / Improved many processes / led BPR projects in many organizations to improve quality, delivery and reduce cost and time.
- Presented and published 50 + technical papers and case studies in journals &conferences. Many on EFQM, ISO:9000 & BPM
- He has had the Honor of meeting Hon’ble Prime Minister of U.A.E, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India and several other Ministers of India, U.A.E., Ecuador, Lebanon, Slovenia etc.
- Travelled all over the world on a motorcycle. (www.worldwideonwheels.com)
- Sunil lives in the United Arab Emirates
Mr. Sunil Thawani has also:
- Implemented/facilitated implementation of Excellence frameworks (EFQM/ MRM/ 4th/ UNPSA, ServQual etc.) in many organizations – Services, Health care, e-Gov, Real Estate, MEP, Education, Banking, Oil & Gas, Trading.
- Developed & implemented customer experience strategies, mapping customer journeys customer listening systems, service standards etc. to create highly customer-focused organizations
- Conducted several assessments to EFQM, MRM model since 1990s and develop a road map to excellence, helped organizations win prestigious awards.
- Trained thousands of professionals in Excellence, Mgt. Systems, Service Excellence, Benchmarking, Customer service, BPM etc.