Hon. Dr. Joseph Akinlaja
Born 1950, Honourable Jospeh Iranola Akinlaja has maintained distinction as a key player in Nigerian’s Labour and political circles as well as the Oil Industry. He attained the commanding heights of the country’s labour movement and politics as:
- General Secretary of the oil workers’ union NUPENG
- Deputy President of the Umbrella Labour body NLC
- Deputy National Chairman of Labour Party
- Deputy National Chairman Zenith Labour Party
- Two-term Honourable Member of House of Representatives
- And much more.
In business, Akinlaja has been involved in transportation, petroleum products and peddling, petrol filling stations, Agency Consulting, real estate, hotel, and various trading businesses. He speaks on various issues centred around petroleum industry, leadership, politics and unionism. A versatile and erudite communicator, manager and leader.
Akinlaja is Author of two previous books, NUPENG, An Example In Progressive Unionism and The Place of Petroleum Tanker Drivers in NUPENG. He is married with Children and grandchildren.